Call for Proposals
We welcome proposals from anyone who has something to share related to trust and safety. Keep in mind that your presentation needs to be applicable to trust and safety professionals, as those will be the main attendees of TrustCon.
The difference between TrustCon and the T&S Research Conference is the intended audiences. TrustCon is for current T&S professionals / practitioners and the programming will be much more focussed on pragmatic presentations, panels, and workshops that relate directly to the history, practice, and current issues in T&S work. The T&S Research Conference is for industry researchers, academics, civil society, and students to present and examine research in trust and safety.
We will do one round of scholarship application approval on July 25, 2022. Depending on available funds, we may do another round of scholarship application approval on August 31, 2022. Feel free to reach out to us in the meantime if you have specific questions about your application.
- Students will receive a 50% discount for the registration fee. If you are a student, we will ask you to upload a copy of your student ID. (Note that we will not store a copy of your ID; we will use it for verification purposes only.)
- Registrants from middle to low-income countries as designated by the World Bank will also receive a 50% discount for the registration fee. You will need to indicate in the registration process from which country you are attending (virtual TrustCon) or traveling (in-person TrustCon).
- Certain tickets will be discounted if the attendee is a TSPA working group member, advisor, board member, or speaker.
Registration fees are for the entire event. You can choose to attend only one day but you will need to register for the entire conference.
Yes. However, you will need to register and pay for the in-person conference.
Yes, all speakers must also register to attend the conference. TSPA will have sent you registration information along with your speaker confirmation. Speakers who are also members of TSPA will receive free registration to attend the conference. Speakers who are not members will receive 50% off the conference registration fee.
- Before September 16, you can transfer your registration if you purchased a full–priced registration ticket. Please contact us on how to switch your registration to someone else. You will need to provide the new attendee’s full name and email address. (Note that they will need to fill out the registration with their own details, including password and other details.)
- You cannot transfer your registration if it was a discounted ticket.
If you cancel by September 16, 2022, we will refund your registration fee if you cannot attend. Please contact us for how to process a refund. Cancellations after September 16, 2022 will not be refunded.
Yes, you can register more than one person. Just indicate that in the registration process.
Our in-person program is completely sold out, and the waitlist is long. We don’t anticipate any tickets becoming available for general sales.
No, unfortunately this year we do not have the capacity to allow for ticket-sharing.
You will attend the virtual conference via this website. When the virtual conference is ready to begin, you will sign in the the Event Hub here with the email address and password you used to register to access the virtual sessions.
You only need to register for the in-person conference, which will give you access to both the in-person as well as virtual programming.
This happens when you previously registered for the in-person waitlist. You will need to email us and ask to be removed from the in-person waitlist. After we have done so, we will email you to let you know that you can register for the virtual program.
The virtual program will run September 28 and 29, with three separate tracks from which to choose. Each track starts around 9:00 am in Singapore Standard Time, Irish Standard Time, and Pacific Time (U.S.), and will run until mid-afternoon. Sessions will include recordings of the in-person program in Palo Alto and some live, virtual-only sessions. It’ll be two full days of content, and all sessions will be available afterwards on demand.
- We recommend using Chrome as your browser on your desktop/laptop computer.
- Note that Internet Explorer is not supported on this platform.
- If you are using a VPN, you may not be able to connect to this platform.
- If you are having issues viewing a session, please try refreshing your page.
- For live tech support, please click on the yellow chat bubble at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, send a chat, and someone can help you.
In Person TrustCon
- TSPA will host a pre-registration the afternoon of Monday, September 26, 2022 at the Sheraton Hotel Lobby Bar. This is optional for those who want to beat the registration crowd Tuesday morning.
- TrustCon Palo Alto will open registration at 7:30 AM on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, and the first session will start at 9:00 AM. The first day will go until 4:30 PM with optional networking events starting from 5:00 PM onwards.
- TrustCon will start on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 9:00 AM and end at 4:30 PM, with a reception starting at 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided on both days. Appetizers and drinks will be served at the Wednesday night reception.
We are sold out of general sales tickets for the in-person agenda.
Tickets are available for the virtual program, if you signed up for the waitlist but want to register for the virtual program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from the waitlist.
While TSPA is not inviting press to cover the conference, some attendees will be members of the press. They will be wearing a unique colored lanyard for full transparency.
Birds of a Feather events are optional networking events, organized solely by attendees and the Trust and Safety Community. Registered attendees can sign up for these events via this website, when we are ready for sign ups. More information can be found here.
Traveling to Palo Alto
The in-person conference will be held at the Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel. The address is 625 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301.
If you need documentation beyond registration receipts for your organization to approve of your attendance at TrustCon or to support a visa application, we can provide a letter. Letters are provided 3-5 business days after you have confirmed and paid for your registration. If you need an invitation or support letter, please contact us.
No. We will not be sharing individual participant lists. Upon request by a sponsor, after TrustCon we can share aggregate demographic information of attendees, including number of attendees, list of companies they work for, the percentage of T&S functions attendees work in, and the percentages of attendees that work in a particular sector (T&S, Tech, Civil Society, Academic, etc.).
Most of the attendees will be trust and safety professionals, with many of them from TSPA’s corporate supporter companies. Attendees will range from all levels, from individual contributors to those in leadership positions.
We recommend purchasing an exhibit table. There, you are welcome to ask attendees to share their contact information with you.
Take a look at our Sponsorship page to see who else is sponsoring TrustCon.
It may be that you submitted your information after the most recent update. We’ll be updating the page on a regular basis, so check back often.